Thursday, February 24, 2011

The ins and outs of it

I'm sitting on the couch/at the table in our trailer, and I'm shocked at how time has flown by.  As of today I'll have been living at the AZRF site for three weeks.  Time is so fluid down here.  The third weekend of faire will be here in two days. TWO days.  It's mind blowing.

I've been sticking close to the trailer, spending time with a small group of friends, and just remembering to breathe.  I'm not really into my groove yet, but I feel like I'm getting closer to it.

Cooking in the trailer has been an experience, and my favourite thing to make is Terry Foy Delight. It's a quickie crock pot dish that sounds like it wouldn't be good, but it really is delicious.  I've also started drinking tea on a regular basis again.  My new favourite is the Revolution Chai.

I thing the big thing is that I feel really disconnected. The twitter client I was using went away (UberTwitter) and I've only just found UberSocial. The 'net access on site is much better this year, but I'm just not spending as much time online as I was in NY.

DB has fallen in love with Finding Nemo.  She wants to watch it every day, and she enjoys talking about Nemo and Dory.  She's not as enthralled with the sea turtles, but she's young.  I'm teaching her "Fin" and "Noggin".

This is one of those times where my brain is petering out. Time for me to head off, enjoy a cuppa, and read before I head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

ADD (18) AZRF (6) bacon (1) Bandcamp (2) birh story (1) cooking (1) CrunchyMama (1) Daikini Baby (15) DB (2) family (1) fiddle (2) Firefly (1) Food (4) funnies (1) health (3) Holidays (1) intarwebs (1) JeWitch (4) Kickstarter (2) life (12) loss (1) love (1) meme (1) migraine (1) misc (3) movies (1) music (12) muumuu Friday (1) NeidFyre (25) obsessed (1) Owain (1) PARF (8) pirates (1) poetry (1) popculture (1) Random (10) Scotland (1) singing (1) tech (2) Time (1) travel (2) tumblr (2) tunes (1) TV (1) wk 1 (1) wk 2 (1) writing (8)