Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Week 1

3/27
My dearest daughter, my Darling
Rowan,

Happy Birthday!

You were born at 12:57pm. I held you for 2 minutes before you were taken
to the Nursery. I have written your birth story.

We were told you weighed 8 lb 14 oz, but you were actually 9 lb, 4 oz. You measured 20 inches long. You have deep blue eyes, and a head full of long blonde hair.

I have never seen anyone as beautiful as you.

I am so blessed
to call you Daughter.

Love,
Mama


3/28
My Darling
Rowan,

You are so strong! You are fighting off this infection and I know you will beat it.
Your personality is showing, and you make very silly and cute faces. You are drawn
to
lights and voices. You know mine, your Da's, and Papa Joe's voices.

We are silly parents, and we take lots of pictures of you.

Dr. Satish has been following your very closely, and said you were well enough
to stay in the room with us overnight.

Your Da changed his first diaper today!

Love,
Mama


3/29
My Darling Rowan,

What a busy day! You are doing so well fighting off this infection. You had a lot of visitors today.
You met your Bubbie Helaine, your Auntie Lauren & your Aunt Jenny & Uncle Bill.

I got to feed you for the first time today. We are both learning, and you are a good eater! You had to have some blood work done, and it was very hard on you. You screamed and cried, and Da, Papa Joe and I tried to soothe you.

This was our first night alone together at the Hospital. I was so tired, but you were very sweet.

Love,
Mama


3/30
My Darling Rowan,

Today you are three days old. You were taken off the monitor today, and all the extra wires have been removed. You smell so sweet, and are so beautiful.

You're eating very well, so well that my milk came in! I love to watch your face as you're eating. You have incredibly expressive eyes. I am in awe of you.

Papa Joe is going back to VA tomorrow, so he spent the whole afternoon holding you. We took a lot of pictures of you both. You slept so peacefully in his arms.

Love,
Mama


3/31
My Darling Rowan,

You continue to improve by leaps and bounds! Your Da' and I spoke with Dr. Satish, and he mis-calculated your discharge date. You can come home with us tomorrow! This is not an early April Fool's Joke!

Your Da loves you so much, and is so careful with you. You love to snuggle against his chest.

Your Da & I chatted with Nurse Sue about you. She showed us how to dress you in a onesie, how to diaper you, how to swaddle you, and then she coo'd all over you. She said you are a beautiful baby, and she's right! You were very cute; we tried the hot pink/zebra striped cloth diaper on you, and you immediately pooped in it. Your Da and I giggled about that.

You are eating very well, and Nurse Sue told me you are a model feeder. You latch on almost every time, you have a strong mouth, and you are a joy to feed.

Love,
Mama


4/1
My Darling Rowan,

Today is your discharge day! Your Da and I are overwhelmed with joy. I am thrilled, scared, nervous and filled with bliss all at the same time. I know everything will go well, but I am nervous. I trust you, and know that you will show me what to do.

You met the dogs this afternoon. Bock and Keeva are very curious about you and sniffed you all over. You slept through the whole thing. In fact, you slept most of the afternoon and early evening. You are very relaxed.

Your Da, Papa Joe and I love you very much. Our journey is just beginning, and I can't wait to watch you grow.

Love,
Mama


4/2
My Darling Rowan,

Our first full day in the house together as a family! The dogs are still very excited around you, especially Keeva.

We went out today, and you handled it like a pro. You had your first Pediatrician appointment, which you passed with flying colours. After that we went shopping for some things, and you were so mellow, sleeping in your car seat.

You met Asif and Annie today. Asif is a big sweetie with a grumpy exterior. He and Annie thought you were beautiful and sweet.

This was the first really fussy evening we'd seen you have. You were awake a lot, and your Da' and I didn't get much sleep. We're hoping tomorrow eve you sleep a little better!

Love,
Mama


4/3
My Darling Rowan,

This is our first day alone! I was quite nervous, but I knew you'd tell me what to do. We spent the day together napping and relaxing.

Dan & Drew came over, and you were very sleepy. Kat came over later in the afternoon, and you were a bit more awake.

Now that you're Earthside you seem to handle people touching you much better than you did when you were in my tummy.

Your Da' came home and cuddled you, which you enjoyed very much.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

ADD (18) AZRF (6) bacon (1) Bandcamp (2) birh story (1) cooking (1) CrunchyMama (1) Daikini Baby (15) DB (2) family (1) fiddle (2) Firefly (1) Food (4) funnies (1) health (3) Holidays (1) intarwebs (1) JeWitch (4) Kickstarter (2) life (12) loss (1) love (1) meme (1) migraine (1) misc (3) movies (1) music (12) muumuu Friday (1) NeidFyre (25) obsessed (1) Owain (1) PARF (8) pirates (1) poetry (1) popculture (1) Random (10) Scotland (1) singing (1) tech (2) Time (1) travel (2) tumblr (2) tunes (1) TV (1) wk 1 (1) wk 2 (1) writing (8)