Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Week 2

4/4
My Darling Rowan,

What a difference a day makes! You slept so well last night! Your Da' and I were very appreciative of that!

You and I spent the day together. Kat came over and helped out in the afternoon.

You are so expressive! You are also quite fierce when it's time to eat. You get very focused, you furrow your brow, and then you latch-on. I love watching you.

Love,
Mama


4/5
My Darling Rowan,

Happy Soul day! Today is our first Soul day together. We relaxed most of the day together. You fought off sleep most of the evening, but you slept well in the wee hours.

We watched Willow together, as your Da' and I call you our Daikini baby.

We also had our first walk outside together! We three took the dogs for a spin around the block. You slept through it, so I think you enjoyed it.

Love,
Mama


4/6
My Darling Rowan,

I speak to your Papa Joe every night, and he sends love and kisses to you. He misses you, and can't wait to see you!

Today you accompanied me to the ankle doctor, and then we went to Autumn Leaves, where your Da' works. Sharon, our doula, met us at Autumn Leaves and then took me home. She is so wonderful, and I spoke to her about you. I asked her lots of questions and talked to her about feeling anxious. She helped me to feel better about some things. She showed me how to feed you while laying down, and we talked about your schedule.

I started carrying you in your Moby carrier today. You look very cute all curled up in it.

You met Autumn (Dyan) and Uncle Mikey this afternoon. They took turns holding you and cooing over you. You seemed to enjoy the time, and you got to look out the kitchen window for a while.

You are my beautiful little wiggle worm!

Love,
Mama


4/7
My Darling Rowan,

Today was your second pediatrics appointment. You are back at your birth weight of 9lb .4 oz, and you've grown 1 3/4 inches! You are in the 75% for weight and 95% for height. You also have a blocked tear duct. :(

We had a very restful rest of the day.

Love,
Mama


4/8
My Darling Rowan,

Your Da' had to work today, so you and I had an adventure! We met Uncle Mikey at Ithaca Bakery for lunch. You slept through most of it, but we didn't mind. After that we went to Target to pick up Bock's meds and your antibiotics for your blocked tear duct. The Pharmacy was closed, so we went around the store looking at things. You either stared at things or you slept.

We got home and relaxed for a bit, and then we had to go back out to pick up your Da'. The rest of the evening at home was relaxing until about 9:30 p when you got a bit fussy/had gas. Once you settled down, though, you slept like a dream.

Love,
Mama


4/9
My Darling Rowan,

We had another adventure today! You came to teaching with me at the ITown studio on Cayuga st.
ALL Mama's students were fascinated by you. You slept most of the time. What a wonderful girl you are!

Love,
Mama


4/10
My Darling Rowan,

Happy 2 week birthday! It's amazing to me that you've been here for that long and short a period of time. I couldn't put you down all day - you mezmorize me so. We snuggled, napped, fed, and enjoyed each others company all day.

You are so dear to me, my sweet Daikini Baby, my Fae child. Your Da' and Papa Joe love you very much. Your Da' likes to swing you back and forth while shushing in your ear. You really seem to like that.

I have found my favourite of all your expressions so far! It's the one where you purse your lips so they look like a heart shaped kiss and your eyes open wide. You are just so precious when you do that. I've yet to be able to take a picture, but I will at one point soon!

Dream Sweet, my dear!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

ADD (18) AZRF (6) bacon (1) Bandcamp (2) birh story (1) cooking (1) CrunchyMama (1) Daikini Baby (15) DB (2) family (1) fiddle (2) Firefly (1) Food (4) funnies (1) health (3) Holidays (1) intarwebs (1) JeWitch (4) Kickstarter (2) life (12) loss (1) love (1) meme (1) migraine (1) misc (3) movies (1) music (12) muumuu Friday (1) NeidFyre (25) obsessed (1) Owain (1) PARF (8) pirates (1) poetry (1) popculture (1) Random (10) Scotland (1) singing (1) tech (2) Time (1) travel (2) tumblr (2) tunes (1) TV (1) wk 1 (1) wk 2 (1) writing (8)