Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking Back at 2009 in 38 questions

Starting 2010 out right with a little theft. I stole this from jupitersinclair.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I had a baby. Also, I baked bread and cookies from SCRATCH! Go me :D

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make for next year? I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. Life requires that you look at yourself & assess your personal goals on a regular basis,not just once a year (Truth be told, I stole this answer from Jupiter as I agree with her 100% on this)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Several friends had babies this year, and while I'm overly close with them, I am thrilled for them.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No humanbeans that I am close with died in 2009, but I did have to put my beloved FeyFey (10 yr old Norwegian Forest Cat) to sleep in December.

5. What countries did you visit? I didn't travel outside the US border this year, but I do think that Long Island counts as a different country.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? More peace of mind.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why? March 27, the day of my daughter's birth. Nov 3, the day of my ankle surgery.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I had a BABY! :grin: I actually HAD a baby. I was scared, terrified, nervous, but with love and support from my family I had her sans drugs. It was pretty incredible.

9. What was your biggest failure? I have no idea.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Thankfully the swineflu didn't hit us, but we have dealt with several bouts of lung gunk. I also managed to hurt my ankle pretty severely when I was 8.5 months preggers.

11. What was the best thing you bought? An MP3 player & dock so we can listen to music in the kitchen.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Those who celebrate peace, not war? In my family? In the world? No freakin' clue. LOL I think anyone who promotes peace, love & all that other hippy shit rather than focusing on deception, anger, & fear mongering deserves celebration.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The asshats in government office who think things like Fracking is a good idea.

14. Where did most of your money go? Car repairs.

15. What did you get really excited about? Performing at AZ faire, traveling, having my daughter, friends and loved ones coming to visit, and the first snowfall.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? That Beyonce song, but only because GLEE. That, and I started singing, "All the single babies, all the single babies. All the single babies, all the single babies" 'cause that's all I know from that damned song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-happier or sadder? happier
-thinner or fatter? definitely thinner
-richer or poorer? about the same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Played more music.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complain.

20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family, in our home, enjoying good food.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? many times,over and over again

22. What was your favorite TV program? Dollhouse, Fringe, Sanctuary, Warehouse 13, House & Dexter. Thank the Gods for Hulu.com & Netflix.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? “Hating someone never does anygood – it only makes you feel bad inside”. It’s a good quote, and I stole it from JupiterSinclair. While I didn't "hate" anyone, I did have very strong feelings of Dislike.

24. What was the best book you read? I re-read most of the Dead Witch Walking series, as well as the Dresden Files. I'm hoping to read more in 2010.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Umm.... No Clue. That's not a band, I really am not sure. I didn't listen to nearly enough music in 2009.

26. What did you want and get? A bread maker.

27. What did you want and not get? I can't think of anything.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? I loved StarTrek Enterprise, but Avatar was pretty darned good. Of course, I just SAW Avatar so it's pretty fresh in the brain pan.

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? I got stuff. :grin: I spent the day with my Dad, so it was a little odd. I turned 39.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If all the money we would need fell from the sky, tax free, so we wouldn't have to worry about things like bills, taxes, etc. Barring that, I wish I had done more cooking. I LOVE to cook.

31. What would describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Comfy.

32. What kept you sane? Hahahhahaha... wait, are you serious?

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I wouldn't turn Hugh Laurie, Joss Whedon, Stephen Fry or most of the cast from Dollhouse away. I'd love to have a dinner gathering and chat about everything.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? No matter what it was, it always boiled down to the fact that there are others in this country who feel they are entitled to more because of their race,religion or financial status and that made me very angry.

35. Who did you miss? My mom.

36. Who was the best new person you met? I met a load of folks on Twitter who are very cool. I met a load of folks at ren faire who are also very cool. Thinking about this honestly, I'd have to say the best new person I've met in 2009 was my daughter. She's pretty damn cool.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. I don't have to be afraid.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I'm seriously bad at this.

And here's a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o' thine !
And we'll take a right good-willie waught
for auld lang syne.

~Robert Burns

Friends, chosen family, loved ones old and new... they were here for me, and I was incredibly grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

ADD (18) AZRF (6) bacon (1) Bandcamp (2) birh story (1) cooking (1) CrunchyMama (1) Daikini Baby (15) DB (2) family (1) fiddle (2) Firefly (1) Food (4) funnies (1) health (3) Holidays (1) intarwebs (1) JeWitch (4) Kickstarter (2) life (12) loss (1) love (1) meme (1) migraine (1) misc (3) movies (1) music (12) muumuu Friday (1) NeidFyre (25) obsessed (1) Owain (1) PARF (8) pirates (1) poetry (1) popculture (1) Random (10) Scotland (1) singing (1) tech (2) Time (1) travel (2) tumblr (2) tunes (1) TV (1) wk 1 (1) wk 2 (1) writing (8)