Monday, January 28, 2013

New Music

I've decided that this year, 2013, is the year that I am going to learn some new music.

First on the list is "River's Jig" from Firefly. It's an actual trad tune, and how lucky am I that one of my dear's already knew the tune and taught it to me!  I'm a very happy camper about this.

Second on the list is Music from Tolkein. I have a book of Tolkein's songs and they are so lovely. I think they will translate really well to fiddle as well as voice.  I'm going to pick 3 tunes/songs to work on.

Third on the list are 10 tunes (generic Celtic) that people keep asking me to play.

Fourth on the list are Gypsy tunes. I am not going to go crazy (hahahh, too late ;>). I'm going to pick 4 tunes and work on them.

I think the next step will be to write down the names of the tunes/songs.... I guess I'd best do that before I pack all the books before we actually get on the road to AZRF, huh...

*crossposted at Fiddlemama on Tumblr.

2 comments:

  1. The trad name for River's Jig is "Sailor's Wife", sayeth our fiddler (we play it, as well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. :) I keep forgetting the trad name for it, or misremembering the trad name as the Fisherman's Wife, but that's a song not a tune.

    I miss playing music with you, Mr.Man. :sigh: One of my favourite moments was at Scarby.... "Fiddler, Please!" :sigh: We need to play more, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

ADD (18) AZRF (6) bacon (1) Bandcamp (2) birh story (1) cooking (1) CrunchyMama (1) Daikini Baby (15) DB (2) family (1) fiddle (2) Firefly (1) Food (4) funnies (1) health (3) Holidays (1) intarwebs (1) JeWitch (4) Kickstarter (2) life (12) loss (1) love (1) meme (1) migraine (1) misc (3) movies (1) music (12) muumuu Friday (1) NeidFyre (25) obsessed (1) Owain (1) PARF (8) pirates (1) poetry (1) popculture (1) Random (10) Scotland (1) singing (1) tech (2) Time (1) travel (2) tumblr (2) tunes (1) TV (1) wk 1 (1) wk 2 (1) writing (8)