Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Musical bullets

Lots of musical things jumble tumbling in my brain.

  • I've 3 weekends to catch up on from PARF, and my short-term memory is completely collapsing in terms of the details. 
  • There was a huge kerfuffle involving Amanda F. Palmer and  "free" musicians.
  • I have new (to me) music books, all involving Gypsy fiddle tunes.
  • Jimmy, the crotchety old man fiddle I've been borrowing for the better part of a year is going to go back to his owner, so I'm breaking in a new, as yet un-named fiddle. All I know about this fiddle is that it's a boy. To be specific, and to quote my friend Duglas, it's a young teen-age boy. 
  • I've only got 2 more weekends at PARF before heading to CRF. 
  • Did I mention the packing & cleaning that needs to get done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

ADD (18) AZRF (6) bacon (1) Bandcamp (2) birh story (1) cooking (1) CrunchyMama (1) Daikini Baby (15) DB (2) family (1) fiddle (2) Firefly (1) Food (4) funnies (1) health (3) Holidays (1) intarwebs (1) JeWitch (4) Kickstarter (2) life (12) loss (1) love (1) meme (1) migraine (1) misc (3) movies (1) music (12) muumuu Friday (1) NeidFyre (25) obsessed (1) Owain (1) PARF (8) pirates (1) poetry (1) popculture (1) Random (10) Scotland (1) singing (1) tech (2) Time (1) travel (2) tumblr (2) tunes (1) TV (1) wk 1 (1) wk 2 (1) writing (8)